Top 10 Reasons to Convert Your Home to Natural Gas
- You’ll save money on your monthly energy bills. Natural gas costs significantly less than fuel oil or propane – based on average energy costs over the past seven Maine winter heating seasons, an average home using fuel oil or propane would have saved approximately $600 and $1,400, respectively, if natural gas had been used. With the other benefits listed below and financing options, conversions have timely paybacks.
- Natural gas increases your home’s value and marketability. According to the National Association of Home Builders, homes with natural gas have a 4% higher resale value than those with oil or propane.
- We will help you manage the conversion process. The Natural Gas Conversion Resources Team is committed to helping you through the conversion process and achieve all the benefits of using natural gas – safely and efficiently.
- Favorable financing options are available. We offer several financing options, if needed – as low as 4.9% APR for qualified borrowers. Even if you do not qualify for our best rate, other financing options are available with affordable, low monthly payments.
- Certified contractors will perform the work. The natural gas conversion process is performed by a select group of certified, vetted contractors, and you’ll receive multiple bids to choose from.
- Natural gas is safe and reliable. Natural gas supplies are abundant, domestic and prices are expected to be stable for the foreseeable future.
- You’ll lower your annual equipment maintenance costs. Natural gas equipment requires much less maintenance than fuel oil equipment.
- Natural gas is convenient. No need to call the oil or propane company to arrange a delivery, and then pay a large lump sum to fill your tank. Natural gas comes from a distribution system, is always available, never runs out, and you pay for it after you use it.
- Natural gas is the popular choice. Approximately 50 percent of American homes are heated with natural gas, compared with 8 percent that heat with fuel oil.
- Natural gas is environmentally friendly. It’s the cleanest burning fossil fuel.
What are you waiting for? Natural gas is affordable, efficient, clean and safe, and Natural Gas Conversion Resources will help you throughout the conversion process.